Food : Main Courses
Fried Duck Breast, Potato Confit, Crème of Carrots with Tandoori Spices, Crunch of Bacon and Salted Cashew Nuts in its Gravy with Honey and Yata Watte Tea.
• 4 breasts of duckling
• 3 big carrots
• 2 big waxy potatoes
• 50g salted cashew nuts
• 30g salted lard
• 1 bay leaf
• Chinese anise
• Seeds of coriander
• Sugar from java
• Gravy from the duck (or from poultry)
Crunch of Cashew Nuts and Salted Lard
- Bake garlic, sugar and grated coconut, add grated Chinese anise and seeds of coriander and make it colour in a wok. At the end, add the split, salted cashew nuts and baked slices of lard. Make the mixture dry in the oven and crush.
Cream of Carrots
- Cook the carrots and mix them to cream in a blender while adding butter and seasoning with salt and tandoori spices.
- Chop the potato into slices of 1cm and cut little slices of them by using a cylinder. Let them cook in a bouillon with bay leaf, thyme, lard and salt. Add a bit of butter at the end.
Roasted Duck Fillet
- Bake the breast of ducklings and season with salt and pepper. Make the gravy of duck reduce and at the end have the tea soaked in it. Finish with honey and season with pepper and salt. Grill some onions to decorate.
Created by : Mario Holtzem