Food : Appetisers
Filo Cone of Kibbeh Salmon, Tabouleh & Yoghurt & Dukkah Gelato
- 100g fresh Atlantic Salmon, finely diced
- 1 tbsp burghul
- 30g diced shallot
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced
- 10g mint, finely diced
- 10g parsley, finely diced
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Handful of mint, finely shredded
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp burghul (pre-soaked for 15 minutes then drained)
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 2 green shallots, finely chopped
- Salt and baharat to taste
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 eschallot, finely diced
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pinenuts
- 1/2 cup coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp baharat
- Plain base
- 2/3 cup labne
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak burghul in water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon before serving.
- In a large frypan combine pinenuts and coriander seeds over medium heat.
- When the mixture has started to colour, add the sesame seeds and continue to toast until golden brown.
- Pour mixture into a food processor, add cumin, baharat mix, chilli power and salt and blend together.
- Make the plain base and chill.
- Place the labne in a bowl and slowly whisk in the water, add the sugar then whisk until dissolved.
- Whisk the lemon juice into the base.
- Pour mixture into the ice-cream machine and churn accordingly to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Mould gelato in Parisian scoop and coat gelato with dukkah mixture and refrigerate.