Food : Main Courses
FIG & GINGER PUDDING
- 250g dried figs
- 9g bicarb powder
- 375g water
- 75g butter
- 212g castor sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 62g fresh ginger
- 212g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Bring figs, ginger and water to boil in a pot. Take off heat and blend till smooth, then fold in bicarb powder.
- In an electric mixer, whisk the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in yolk and SR flour; mix well.
- Whisk in the fig and ginger mix until combined.
- Fill mini muffin moulds with the batter being careful to keep 1cm from edge and bake for 10 minutes or until the top springs back when touched.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Ceylon Spice Chai
Created by : Derek Lai