Food : Savory
English Breakfast Tea high country pork dumpling
- 1 cup strong brewed English Breakfast Tea, chilled
- 1/2 cup sago
- 200g pork mince
- 20g ground glutinous rice
- 3 whole white pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 litre water
- 1 coriander root with 2cm of stalk intact, lightly chopped
- 40g freshly roasted and crushed peanut
- 3 tbsp Dilmah English Breakfast Tea
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 25ml vegetable oil
- Grind pepper, garlic and coriander paste using pestle and mortar and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat 15ml of oil, add the paste and fry until it releases its fragrance.
- Add pork mince and cook for 2 minutes then add soy and fish sauce. Continue to cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Turn the heat to low and add palm sugar. Continue to cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat, add crushed peanut and let cool.
- When the filling has cooled, roll up into small balls 2cm in diameter and set aside in fridge.
- Soak sago and ground glutinous rice with 1 cup of brewed tea for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the sago and roll the filling to allow the sago to stick evenly.
- Place 3 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of tea into a sauce pan with steam rack and bring tea to the boil. Place the sago dumplings on the steamer rack and steam for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the sago from steamer rack and quickly coat with oil (10ml) to prevent sticking and drying out.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Gourmet Tea Selection
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- English Breakfast