Food : Main Courses
EGG AND CRESS SALAD PIMENT D’ESPELETTE CORNET, EGG SALAD, CRESS MOUSSE & YOLK DROPLETS
- 200g flour
- 110g butter
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 6 eggs
- 150ml aioli
- 50g sour cream
- 1 tbsp chives
- 180g watercress
- 100g crème fraiche
- 200ml stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sage leaves
- Coriander seeds
- 100ml cream, whipped
- 3 gelatin leaves, soaked
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and rub in the butter using your fingertips.
- Slowly add the water and work the dough until well combined. Do not overwork the dough.
- Set in the fridge to rest before use.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out onto a floured surface.
- Cut strips of pastry and form them around greased pastry horns. Bake at 170C until golden.
- Boil the eggs to just over soft. Remove from the water and cool.
- When they are ready, peel the eggs, crush them with a fork and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Season well.
- Place the stock and all the herbs and spices in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside and leave to infuse.
- In a separate pot, bring some salted water to a boil and blanch the watercress for 1 min. Strain and squeeze all the water out.
- Add the stock and watercress to a blender and mix on a high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the crème fraiche and mix until well combined.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Take a small part of the liquid and just bring to a simmer, add the gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Add back to the watercress liquid. Mix in the whipped cream and set in fridge.
Created by : Monika Ederer