Food : Appetisers
EDIBLE MOONSTONES WITH LOTUS PASTE
- Moonstone Dough (makes about 20 Moonstones, 20g each – made with 100g Kaofen (Glutinous Rice Flour), sifted, 80g Icing Sugar, sifted, 30g Shortening and 150g Iced Water)
- Lotus Paste mixed with Almond Flakes (25g for each Moonstone)
- Black Glutinous Rice Base (made with 200g Black Glutinous Rice Flour, 50ml Coconut Milk, 30g Sugar and 600ml Water)
- Mix ingredients for moonstone dough and knead carefully.
- Roll lotus and almond paste into balls.
- Wrap lotus paste balls with moonstone dough and fold / roll to shape.
- Drizzle with Kaofen for additional texture.
- To make the rice base, boil water with black glutinous rice flour, add sugar until mixture becomes starchy, drizzle in coconut milk and take off heat.
- Arrange moonstones on top of the black glutinous rice base and serve.
Created by : Lee Zhang An