Food : Main Courses
DUCK TONGUE, WITH BABY LETTUCE, SPROUTS AND PINE NEEDLE GEL
Ingredients for Duck Tongue
• 1kg Duck Tongue
• 150g Salt
• 40g Sugar
• 50g Duck Fat
• 2 Twigs of Thyme
Ingredients for Nettle Puree
• 250ml Vegetable Stock
• 500g Nettle Leaves
• 4g Gellan Gum
• 2tsp Butter
• Hint of Garlic
Ingredients for Pine Needle Gel
• 5g Gellan Gum
• 0.5l Water
• 200g Pine Needle
MethodDuck Tongue Method
- Cure the duck tongue with salt and sugar for 3 hours. Vacuum the tongue with a spoon full of duck fat. Cook it for 10 hours at 85C. Cool to room temperature. Remove the tongue from the bags and remove the bone.
Nettle Puree Method
- Put the vegetable stock over medium heat and blanch the nettle for 2-3 min. Drain and reserve the stock. Then put the leaves and garlic into the Thermomix and blend to a puree.
- Boil 250ml vegetable stock with Gellan gum and add it into the puree with the butter.
- Season and set it aside in the fridge to cool down.
- When cooled and very hard, put the puree into the Thermomix, until you get a smooth paste,and then pass it through a fine sieve.
Pine Needle Gel Method
- Brew the pine needles with water, like a tea and let it infuse for 5-10 minutes.
- Pass and reheat the pine needle tea to 85°C, add the Gellan gum and salt (to taste), and let it cool down.
- After it is cold and hard put the jelly into the Thermomix and mix on high speed for 2 minutes, pass through sieve and fill into a squeeze bottle.
Created by : Volker Marecek