Food : Main Courses
DIM SUM PEKING DUCK TARTLET
IngredientsIngredients For Balsamic Soy Gel
- 150g Balsamic Vinegar
- 60g Soy Sauce
- 3g Agar Agar
- 2 Duck Legs (confit)*
- Ready to use Puff Pastry
- 2 pcs Star Anise
- Pinch of Ginger Powder
- 270ml Olive Oil
- 12 Eggs
- 500ml Fresh Cream
- 3 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1g Chives
- Pepper to taste
* This ancient preservation method has three parts: First you marinate the meat in herbs and spices, cure the duck legs in salt (drawing out the water in which micro-organisms can live), then you slowly cook them in fat, and finally you store them fully covered in the cooking fat so air can’t get in.
MethodBalsamic Soy Gel
- Mix all ingredients together and leave overnight.
- Place the duck, star anise, ginger and olive oil together.
- Make sure the duck is covered with the oil, slow cook for 5 hours and leave to cool overnight.
- Roll out the puff pastry thinly and place into the moulds, leave in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cream, soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil together, leave aside.
- Shred the duck and mix with the chives, place into the moulds just covering the top.
- Place the egg mixture and bake for 15 minutes, serve with the soy balsamic dressing and chopped scallions.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Ceylon Rose & Mint
Created by : Ho Wing Hong