Food : Main Courses
Dilmah “t” earl Grey Tea smoked vegetables terrine, eggplant caviar, tomato petals
- 3 eggplants
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 capsicums
- 1/3 bunch basil
- Dilmah “t” Earl Grey
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice 2 eggplants lengthwise, 2mm thick.
- Skin tomato, cut in quarter, remove seeds, keep skin aside.
- Roast and skin capsicums.
- Place all vegetables on a cooling rack.
- Toast Dilmah “t” Earl Grey until smoky. Place the vegetables over and cover with foil.
- Cover terrine mold with cling film.
- Place eggplant in the mold, alternate with vegetables until covered.
- Cut an eggplant lengthwise.
- Dress with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven until the flesh is soft.
- Scoop out, blend to a smooth paste.
- Place tomato skin on a tray.
- Set up the oven with pilot light on.
- Leave it to dry overnight.
- Place a slice of the terrine on the plate.
- Add one quenelle of eggplant caviar.
- Garnish with dried tomato petal.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series The Original Earl Grey