Food : Main Courses
Dilmah Peach Tea, orange-cured ocean trout slice, mascarpone, macadamia nut, sesame crumble, olive jam
- 1.4kg whole ocean trout
- 50g Dilmah Peach Tea
- 200ml orange juice
- 200g mascarpone
- 100g white miso
- 150g macadamia nuts
- 100g white sesame
- 200g Liguria olives
- 100g sea salt
- 100g castor sugar
- 50g Sichuan pepper
- 100g trout caviar
- 100g baby herbs
- Take the sides off the trout, discard the head and bones. Pin bone the sides and remove the ribs. Skin the fish and trim the tail.
- Vacuum pack the sides with the orange juice, sugar, a pinch of salt, pepper and allow to cure overnight.
- Drain juice from the fish and place on a tray skin side down.
- Cook in hold mat at 69C for 35 minutes. The fish should feel slightly firm to the touch.
- Blast chill till cold.
- Cut across the fillets into 2cm portions and trim the belly to remove excess flesh.
- Toast and roughly chop macadamia nuts.
- Toast white sesame seeds.
- Combine all ingredients together and leave aside.
- Cook olives and sugar to a marmalade consistency.
- Spread miso on the ocean trout portion and sprinkle with the macadamia crumble.
- Garnish with trout caviar and baby herbs.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Peach