Food : Main Courses
DILMAH NATURAL CEYLON GINGER TEA, PORK RAVIOLI, CHOI SUM, CONSOMME
- 500g “00” Flour
- 3 eggs
- 5 egg yolk
Pulled Pork Filling
- 1 pork shoulder (+/- 2kg)
- 10 Chinese dried mushrooms
- 250ml Dilmah Natural Ceylon Ginger Tea
- 30ml mushroom soy sauce
- 250ml light superior soy sauce
- 12 star anises
- 15ml fennel seeds
- 45g muscovado sugar
- 180ml molasses
- 160ml Chinese rice wine vinegar
- 5kg pork ribs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 4 cloves
- 5l Dilmah Natural Ceylon Ginger Tea
- 60ml Japanese rice vinegar
- 45ml light soy sauce
- 30ml grape seed oil
- 1 raft mixture
- 1000g pork mince
- 6 egg whites
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 100g Choi Sum
- 200ml Dilmah Natural Ceylon Ginger Tea
- Whisk eggs and yolks together.
- Place flour into processor and slowly pour in egg mixture.
- When a ball is formed remove from the processor.
- Knead for 10 minutes, cover and chill for 1 hour.
Pulled Pork Filling
- Using spring water add 250ml boiling water to the tea, stir and steep for 5 minutes, strain tea discarding the leaves.
- Add the soy sauces, star anise, fennel seeds, muscovado sugar, molasses and rice wine vinegar to the tea and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pork shoulder to the stock and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add the mushrooms last and leave to stand for 45 minutes.
- Remove pork from the stock, cool and shred to desired size.
- Mix pork with mushrooms and season.
- Roll the pasta dough to setting number 6.
- Cut out 6cm disks and place a damp cloth over the dough.
- Roll the pork and mushroom filling into balls.
- Place balls onto the round pasta disks, brush the edges with egg wash.
- Seal the ravioli and rest for 30 minutes.
- Simmer in Dilmah Natural Ceylon Ginger Tea until they rise to the top.
- Chop ribs into small pieces.
- Sauté the ribs, garlic and cinnamon quills until lightly browned.
- Deglaze the pot with rice vinegar and light soy sauce.
- Add the Dilmah Natural Ceylon Ginger and simmer for 2 hours, skimming.
- Strain the mixture, chill and remove fat that sets on the top.
- Mix the raft into the consommé and place over a medium heat.
- Do not allow the mixture to boil - allow only simmering for 30 minutes.
- Through the hole that forms in the raft remove 1 ladle full at a time passing the consommé through a muslin cloth.
- Mix all ingredients together, set aside.
- Slice the Choi Sum stem into 1cm pieces.
- Blanch in the Dilmah Ceylon Ginger Tea and refresh.
- Season with salt.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Natural Ceylon Ginger Tea
Created by : Brent Assam