Food : Savory
Dilmah Meda Watte Tea Flavoured Doughnut
IngredientsPork and liver terrine
- 300g 30% S IV lean belly/shoulder
- 300g 30% S VIII back fat
- 250g 25% pork liver, cleaned and deveined
- 150g 15% onions, sauteed
- 20g nitric curing salt
- 1g ascorbic acid
- 3g pepper powder
- 2g marjoram
- 1g cardamom powder
- 0.5g piment (allspice)
- 75g sugar
- 2g Pectin
- 62g butter
- 25g glucose
- 500g flour
- 250g fermented dough
- 12g salt
- 15g yeast
- 5g gluten
- 60g sugar
- 125g butter
- 300g eggs
Pork and liver terrine
- Simmer the lean belly/shoulder and the back fat for 35 minutes at 95°C.
- Grind hot cooked pork meat, back fat, raw liver and cooked onions with 3mm die.
- Add all the additives and seasonings to warm mixture and mix well until mixture binds. Add up to 15% broth if needed.
- Stuff into plastic casings, diameter 40cm.
- Cook at 75°C for 75 minutes to a core temperature of 72°C.
- Store it below 4°C.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Bring to boil.
- Spread the mix between two papers and bake at 150°C for 15 minutes.
- Mix flour, fermented dough, salt yeast, gluten, sugar, eggs and mix well for 10 minutes.
- Add butter and knead until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Let it prove for 1 hour and knock down the dough after.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Watte Boutique Tea
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Meda Watte