Food : Main Courses
Dilmah green tea with jasmine crusted salmon
- 2 x 200g salmon with the skin on
- 2 tablespoons Dukkha
- 2 tablespoons Dilmah Ceylon Green Tea with Jasmine
- 20 ml olive oil
- 20 soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
Wipe the fish dry, and brush the flesh side with the soy sauce and then dip it into the mixture of Dukkha and Jasmine and green tea, get a good coat on it.
- Pour some olive oil into a pan, add some salt to this, and heat until just before it reaches smoking point.
- Add the fish, skin side down.
- Let the fish cook at the high temperature, skin side down, until the colour of the flesh changes. Resist the temptation to poke and prod it. When you see the white band [in the case of white flesh fish] where the flesh changes colour and goes white [as it cooks], when it reaches about 1cm to 2cm into the top of the fish, it’s ready.”
- Flip it so the tea dusted side and sear for 3 minutes on the direct heat of the pan to get some colour, then serve it with a salad and a wedge of lime.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Ceylon Green Tea
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Pure Ceylon Green Tea with Jasmine flavour