Food : Main Courses
DILMAH EXCEPTIONAL SPICED CHAI PANNA COTTA, TOFFEE & DEEP FRIED POPCORN
- 20g Dilmah Exceptional Ceylon Spice Chai
- 200ml milk
- 200ml thickened cream
- 50g castor sugar
- 4 sheets gelatin
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 50g castr sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 125ml castor sugar
- 60ml water
- Combine milk, cream and caster sugar in a saucepan. When it is almost boiling, remove from heat, add tea and stir to combine.
- Let stand for 3-5 minutes. Strain mix through a fine sieve. Add 3 sheets of gelatin and whisk until combined.
- Allow liquid to cool in fridge for 45 minutes. Fill small serving glasses half way and place in fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Once set, add honey syrup, set in fridge and top up with remaining Panna Cotta mix.
- Combine honey, water and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add 1 sheet gelatin and let cool.
- Stir water and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Wait until sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil. Increase heat to high and dissolve any sugar left on pan. Cook until the mixture is a rich golden colour and remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Put 3 or 4 kernels into the oil and cover pan.
- Once kernels pop, add remaining kernels in an even layer. Cover then remove from heat. Count to 30 seconds before returning pan to the heat. This will pop the kernels evenly.
- Once an even popping sound stops, remove pan from heat and place popcorn in a bowl.
- Place brown sugar, butter, honey and baking soda in a pan on a medium heat.
- Once melted, mix with popcorn and deep fry until golden
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Ceylon Spice Chai
Created by : Geoff Laws