Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
CUCUMBER ROCKS MOCKTAIL
- 6g Dilmah Vivid Springtime Oolong with Ginger Tea
- 5g Lemongrass
- 160g Cucumber
- 20g Fresh Ginger
- 3tsp Beerenberg honey
- 480ml water
- Lime to taste
Brewing the Tea
- Preheat a tea pot with boiling water and then empty. Measure 6g of tea and place in pot with 440ml of water boiled to 80C.
- Stir the tea well into the water and cover with a lid.
- Brew the tea for 2.5- 3 mins, stirring the leaves once again after 1.5 minutes (we are aiming for a strong brew as it will be used as a cocktail base).
- After brewing. stir your leaves one final time.
- Strain the tea leaves and leave to cool at room temperature. Do not place your brewed oolong into the fridge. as we wish to keep its transparent colour.
Cucumber and Ginger Juice
- Blend your cucumber. ginger. lemon grass and honey with approximately 40ml of water until all ingredients have combined.
- Strain your mixture through a sieve.
Building your drink
- In a mixing glass, combine 60ml room temperature Dilmah Vivid Springtime Oolong with Ginger with 40ml of cucumber and ginger juice. Add a squeeze of fresh lime to balance the flavour.
- Strain over ice ball and serve.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Vivid Tea Selection by Dilmah
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Vivid Springtime Oolong with Ginger