Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
- 6g Dilmah Vivid Springtime Oolong with Ginger Tea
- 5g Lemongrass
- 160g Cucumber
- 20g Ginger
- 3 tsp. Honey
- 480ml Water
- Lime to taste
- Preheat a tea pot with boiling water and then empty. Measure 6g of tea and place into the pot. Top with 440ml of water boiled to 80°C. Stir the tea well into the water and cover with a lid.
- Brew the tea for 2 – 3mins, stirring the leaves once again after 1.5 minutes (it should be a strong brew as it will be used as a cocktail base). After your brewing time, stir your leaves one final time.
- Strain the tea leaves and leave to cool at room temperature. Do not place your brewed Oolong in the fridge, as it needs to be a transparent colour.
- Now, blend your cucumber, ginger, lemongrass and honey with approximately 40ml of water until all ingredients have combined. Strain your mixture through a sieve.
- To build your drink, in a mixing glass, combine 60ml room temperature Dilmah Vivid Springtime Oolong with Ginger with 40ml of cucumber and ginger juice. Add a squeeze of fresh lime to balance the flavour. Strain over an ice ball and serve.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Vivid Tea Selection by Dilmah
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Vivid Springtime Oolong with Ginger
Created by : Geoff Laws