Food : Appetisers
Cucumber Flower Sandwich
- Good white bread
- Cream cheese
- Lime juice
- Native finger limes
- Slice cucumbers and lightly salt. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to draw out moisture.
- Mix enough lime juice with the cream cheese to soften to a spreading consistency.
- Spread onto thinly sliced bread.
- Add a layer of cucumbers and top with a second slice of bread.
- Cut sandwich into fingers, removing the crusts .
- Put a dollop of cream cheese on the middle of each finger.
- Cut the remaining cucumber slices in half to make semi circles.
- Roll one semi circle and pace in the centre of each finger, using the cream cheese to keep it in place.
- Wrap the remaining cucumber around the central ‘petal’ to create a flower.
- Garnish with native finger lime.