Food : Appetisers
Crumpets with Tamarillo Compote and Mascarpone
- 8 red tamarillos, blanched and skin removed, cut into cubes
- 100g sugar syrup
- 100g flour, soft
- 100g flour, strong
- 20g wholemeal flour
- 5g rye flour
- 5g fresh yeast
- 175ml water, warm
- 175ml milk, warm
- 5g sugar
- 50ml vegetable oil
- Gently stew the tamarillos in a pot till a jam-like consistency
- Mix together lightly to form a batter.
- Allow to double in size in a warm place.
- After 2 hours, add 75ml of warm water and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- Rest for 15 minutes then cook the crumpets in small metal ring moulds in a non-stick pan.
- For service, toast the crumpets till crispy. Spoon on the tamarillo compote and a teaspoon of mascarpone.
Created by : John Kelleher