Drink : Chai
• 3g Cloves
• 5g Cardamom
• 5g Black Peppercorns
• 5g Ginger Powder
• 5g Cinnamon Sticks
• 5g Star Anise
• 200ml Condensed Milk
• 400ml Evaporated Milk
• 350ml Regular Milk
• 3 Egg Yolks
• 21g Corn-starch
• 16g Ceylon original Breakfast Tea
- Boil all spices with regular milk in a saucepan, let it simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and add tea. Let it steep 4 to 5 minutes, and strain.
- Whisk together the condensed milk and evaporated milk, add a little bit of the chai to the saucepan.
- Then place over medium-low heat and gently cook until the mixture thickens, add the cornstarch dissolved in some chai, and boil, stirring constantly until creamy and thick.
- Add the well mixed egg yolks and whisk.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Add mini meringues on top and dust with a dash of cinnamon powder when serving.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Ceylon Original Breakfast Tea
Created by : Cristian Gomez