Food : Appetisers
- 2 crabs
- 40g mayonnaise
- 3g pink ginger, shredded
- 7g chives
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 10g shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tomato brunoise
- 40g wasabi
- 15g shoyu
- 10ml yuzu
- 150g mayonnaise
- 9 Dilmah Ginger Green Tea bags
- 600ml water
- 92g sugar
- 5ml ginger juice
- 7g agar
Choux pastry (éclair)
- 200g water
- 90g butter
- 5g salt
- 5g sugar
- 120g flour
- 140g eggs
- Steam crabs. Remove meat and chill.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients. Adjust accordingly.
- Boil water and add in the Dilmah Ginger Green Tea bags.
- Steep for 6 minutes and remove the tea bags. Stir in the sugar and cool.
- Add in the agar, let it warm for 30 minutes, stirring once in a while. Cool in fridge.
- Use a thermomix, add in the ginger juice and blend till gel-like.
Choux pastry (éclair)
- Place water, salt, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3–4 minutes or until butter melts and mixture just comes to boil.
- Add all the flour to the butter mixture at once and use a wooden spoon to beat until well combined. Place over low heat and cook, stirring for 1–2 minutes or until the mixture forms a ball and begins to come away from the side of the saucepan. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk 1 egg in a small bowl and set aside. Whisk the remaining egg in a small bowl, then add in the flour mixture, beating well with a wooden spoon. Gradually add a little of the reserved egg and beat until the mixture just falls from the spoon but still holds its shape.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush a baking tray with oil to lightly grease. Spoon 25–30 teaspoonsful of the mixture onto tray, about 3cm apart. Alternatively, use a pastry bag fitted with a 1.5cm diameter plain piping nozzle to pipe the profiteroles onto the baking tray. Brush the tops with a little of the remaining egg. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the profiteroles are puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and turn the oven off. Using a skewer or a small knife, pierce the base (or top) of each profiterole to release the steam. Return the profiteroles to the oven and leave them for 15 minutes to dry out. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Ceylon Green Tea
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Pure Ceylon Green tea with Ginger