Food : Main Courses
COCONUT CUSTARD WITH CARAMEL SAUCE AND BANANA CHIPS
Thai Caramel Custard
• 125ml Coconut Milk
• 90g Brown Sugar
• 375ml Cream
• 120g Egg Yolk
• 100g Sugar
• 400ml Cream
• 3 Nam Wah Banana
• 200g Sugar
• 50ml Water
MethodThai Caramel Custard Method
- Boil the coconut milk and the cream together in a small pot. Mix the egg yolk with the brown sugar and slowly add to the hot milk mixture, whisking at all times. Fill the mixture into a bamboo and steam for 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
Caramel Sauce Method
- In a small pot caramelise the sugar until golden brown and add the cream slowly, let it boil for 2 more minutes and let it cool completely.
Banana Chips Method
- Peel the Bananas and slice them very thin and then place into a deep fryer at 200°C until golden brown. When taking out of the oil put them on disposable towels to get the excess oil out.
- In a small pot boil the sugar and water until it starts to get a light brown colour.
- Add the deep fried banana chips and make sure they are covered all over. Remove from the pot and place on a lightly oiled tray and let cool.
Created by : Reinolf Moessl