Food : Appetisers
Clevedon Buffalo Milk Feta Espuma With Macadamia Nougatine
• 400g Clevedon Buffalo Feta
• 160ml Organic Milk
• 160ml Organic Cream
• 2 leaves Gelatin
• 1 Cream Charger
• 3 Egg Whites
• 200g Toasted Macadamia Nuts, crumbled
• 150g Sugar
• 1 Cucumber, diced (0.3cm cubes) with skin on
- In a tall blender mix the milk and feta together and blend until smooth.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water to soften, drain, and then melt over low heat.
- In the meantime, in 2 different clean bowls, whisk your egg whites to stiff peaks and the cream to soft peaks.
- Mix the gelatin with the feta/milk mix, then fold in the cream thoroughly, followed by the egg whites.
- Pour into a syphon, close tight and add 1 cream charger.
- Shake well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before use.
- Melt the sugar in a pot to golden brown, add the macadamia crumble and mix well. Pour onto a silicone pad or baking paper, top with another pad or baking sheet and roll as thin as you can using a rolling pin.
- While warm cut 10 strips (1.5cm x 6cm). Leave to cool.
- Cool the left overs and crumble by mortar or blender.
Created by : Laurent Loudeac