Food : Main Courses
- 500g chicken thighs
- 100g onion
- 30g Ras el Hanout
- 75g almonds
- 30g coriander
- 1 pack filo pastry
- 100g butter melted
- 15 pieces metal ring (3cm diameter)
- Powdered sugar
- Cut the onions to brunoise then sweat them in a frying pan.
- Cut the chicken into 2cm pieces and then add this and the Ras el Hanout to the pan with onions.
- Bake this to a nice golden brown until the chicken is cooked.
- Roast the almonds in an oven at 160C for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let this cool down, then chop it into smaller chunks. Pick the coriander leaves and chop finely. Put the fresh coriander and almond into the chicken mixture.
- Cut the filo pastry into squares of 12cm.
- Grease the rings with the butter.
- Then add a layer of filo pastry. Brush the filo pastry with butter and put another layer on top.
- Put the chicken filling in the middle and fold the edges of the filo pastry on top of the filling. Brush it with the butter.
- Bake at 160C for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the pastilla at a warm temperature, and dust some powdered sugar on top.
Created by : Vera Kuiper Willems