Food : Main Courses
CEYLON CINNAMON SPICE LAMB FILLET
IngredientsSmoked Lamb Fillet
- 250g lamb fillet
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 figs
- 1 punnet of micro herbs
- Salt to taste
- 10 slices of pancetta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sliced brown onions
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 star anises
- 20ml olive oil
- 200ml wood chips
- 30g Dilmah Ceylon Cinnamon Spice Tea
MethodSmoked Lamb Fillet
- Combine the paprika, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, herbs and salt.
- Marinate the lamb in the mixture and cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Cut the figs in quarters, drizzle with olive oil and grill.
- Put the pancetta slice on greaseproof paper and sprinkle salt and pepper on it.
- Bake at 200C for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Once crisp place the pancetta on a tea towel to absorb the excess fat.
- Sauté the sliced brown onions in olive oil until they are translucent. (20-30 minutes)
- Add the vinegar and sugar and cook on low heat until all liquid has evaporated.
- Allow to cool.
- Put silver foil in an oven tray and place the wood chips, tea and star anises on the foil.
- Light the wood chips and allow to smoke.
- Place the lamb fillet on a wire rack and drizzle olive oil over it.
- Place the wire rack over the smoke and cover. Leave for 15 minutes for medium-rare lamb.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Ceylon Cinnamon Spice Tea
Created by : Vipin Sharma