Food : Main Courses
IngredientsFennel / Turmeric Sable
- 250g flour
- 125g butter (cold)
- 3g ground fennel
- 5g ground turmeric
- 50g egg
- Cocoa butter atomised
- 30ml canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, ground
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 50ml white vinegar
- 100g couscous
- 3 tomatoes
- 1:1 sugar syrup
- 100g yoghurt
- Baby basil
- Black and white sesame seeds, toasted
- Pomegranate molasses
- Eggplant, thinly sliced and grilled
- Heat oil with cumin and mustard seeds for 2-3 minutes till they start popping.
- Toss tomato and aubergine in this to coat with oil and seeds.
- Add remaining spices, brown sugar and vinegar and bring to a simmer until thick.
- Place in salted boiling water and cook till tender.
- Place in muslin cloth over a container and leave covered in fridge to drain for at least 12 hours.
- Line a flexipan of 4cm half spheres with grilled eggplant leaving some to overhang.
- Fill with moju, and top with some couscous and fold overhanging eggplant to wrap around what will be the base.
- Leave in fridge with a tray on top to press domes.
- Remove domes and place onto sable.
- Brush on pomegranate molasses and sprinkle sesame seeds to coat.
- Pipe a small dollop on top and place a tomato crisp followed by more yoghurt and another smaller crisp.
- Pipe some more yoghurt on the very top and place a couple of sprigs of baby basil on top.
Created by : Sean D’Almada-Remedios