Food : Appetisers
Braised Shoulder of New Zealand Lamb Flavoured with Moroccan Mint Tea in a Warm Filo Parcel
- 4 Dilmah Green Tea with Moroccan Mint tea bags
- 500g boiling water
- 250g New Zealand lamb shoulder trimmed of sinew and diced into 1-cm cubes
- 250g lamb stock
- 1 packet filo pastry
- 50g melted butter
- Brew the tea using 2 tea bags and 500g boiling water, allow to cool.
- Marinate the lamb in the cooled tea for 2 hours.
- Strain the tea.
- Dry the lamb cubes.
- Quickly sauté in a hot pan, deglaze with the strained tea.
- Add enough lamb stock to cover and the remaining two Moroccan Mint tea bags.
- Place a cartouche over the lamb and a tight fitting lid and braise in the oven for 60 minutes at 160°C.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Make four layers of filo pastry by brushing each piece with melted butter.
- Cut to desired size.
- Place the cooled lamb cubes in the centre and wrap the filo up around the lamb to form ‘money bags’.
- Bake at 180°C until golden brown.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Moroccan Mint Green Tea
Created by : John Kelleher