Food : Main Courses
Braised Lamb Rogan Josh with Dilmah Ceylon Cinnamon Spice Tea and Rice
• 1 teaspoon Dilmah t-Series Ceylon Cinnamon Spice Tea
• 100g Onions
• 30g Yoghurt
• 5g Red Chilli Powder(deghi Mirch)
• 20g Ginger Garlic Paste
• 450g Lamb Chops
• 5g Black cardamom
• 1 no. Bay Leaf
• 2-3 nos. Cloves
• 5g Green cardamom
• 50g Clarified Butter (Ghee)
• 25g Basmati Rice
• 5g Fresh Coriander
• 1 no Papadam
• 5g Coriander Powder
• 5g Garam Masala Powder
• Rogan Josh
- In a heavy bottom pan heat up the Ghee.
- Add Bay Leaves, Cloves, Green cardamom, Black cardamom.
- Add sliced Onions and sauté until the Onions are golden brown in colour.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and sauté.
- Now add Lamb Chops and sauté until the meat is seared on all sides.
- Add Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Red Chilli Powder.
- Whip the Yoghurt and add in the pan. Cook it slowly covered with a lid until the meat is just done.
- Now add the Ceylon Cinnamon Spiced Tea tied in a muslin cloth. Simmer it until the meat is tender.
- Soak the rice for some time. In a stock Pot take some water and boil it. Add rice and cook it for 10-12 minutes or until the rice is soft. Drain the rice of excess water.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Ceylon Cinnamon Spice Tea
Created by : Mukul Agarwal