Food : Appetisers
Blue Eye Cod chips with Chamomile Flowers Tea and avocado foam
- 100g cod
- 1 cup potato starch
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Sea salt flakes
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- juice of half a lemon
- 150ml Dilmah Pure Camomile Flowers tea
- 1 pinch xanthan gum
- 1 pinch ultratex 4 (blended to obtain foam)
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 avocado
- Cut cod into thin slices, dust with a little bit of potato starch and place one slice at a time between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound the slices as thin as possible without tearing them. Sprinkle with seeds and salt, add more starch if needed.
- Shallow fry slices till crisp.
- Brew the Pure Chamomile Flowers tea and cool. Add lemon juice, xanthan gum, ultratex 4, salt and sugar, avocado together. Use a stick blender till smooth emulsion.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Infusions
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Natural Infusion Pure Camomile