Food : Appetisers
- 10 packets gyoza skin
- 2 egg white
- 100g almond flakes, finely chopped
- 100g strawberry brunoise
- 250g milk
- 40g egg yolk
- 62g sugar
- 25g custard powder
- 25g butter
- 3 Dilmah Exceptional Berry Sensation tea bags
- 9 Dilmah Exceptional Berry Sensation tea bags
- 600ml water
- 92g sugar
- 7g agar
- Icing sugar
- Mint leaf
- Brush the border of a gyoza skin with egg white. Paste the next sheet on the wet surface. Cut with ring mould.
- Heat oil, deep fry the gyoza skin till light golden grown. Coat with egg white, followed by almond. Cool and store in airtight container.
- Place milk and sugar in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Place the Berries tea into the milk and infuse for 6 minutes, then sieve.
- Place mixture over low heat, stir in the egg yolk and sugar, stir and cook till thick.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the butter to get a smooth texture.
- Fold in the strawberry.
- Keep the custard in the fridge before use.
- Boil water and add in the Dilmah Exceptional Berry Sensation tea.
- Steep for 6 minutes, remove the tea bags, stir in the sugar and cool.
- Add in the agar, let it warm for 30 minutes, stirring once in a while. Cool in fridge.
- Use a thermomix and blend till jam-like.
- Make a hole in the almond crust. Pipe in the berry jam, followed by the berry mousse. Garnish with mint leaf and icing sugar.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Berry Sensation