Food : Main Courses
- 1 eye fillet
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Tomato relish
- 1 tbsp. dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 ½ cups all- purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- Marinate eye fillet with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Use a frying pan on high heat to seal the meat on all sides.
- Cool it down and place in freezer.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in a centre of the bowl and mix in the eggs and yeast.
- Mix together to form dough. Flatten the dough and spread it with one third of butter.
- Knead well and repeat twice. Place dough in bowl, cover and let it rest in a warm place for 1 hour. Knot it back and shape.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Lightly grease a tray. Place dough on tray and brush with egg wash. Cook for 15 minutes. Cool and cut.
- Cut zucchini into disc and char grill.
Created by : Stacy Skidmore