Food : Main Courses
BAROSSA HAM & GRUYERE GOUGERE CAULIFLOWER CREAM AND CHAR GRILLED ASPARAGUS
- 125ml water
- 125ml whole milk
- 5g salt
- 110g unsalted butter
- 140g plain flour
- 5 eggs
- Barossa Fine Foods Barossa Ham
- Gruyere cheese
- Asparagus, char grilled
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Put water, milk, salt and butter into a saucepan over a low heat.
- Once the butter has melted bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and add the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon until it forms a paste and the pan is clean. Continue to stir for another minute to cook out.
- Place into a mixing bowl with a paddle and beat on a low speed until the mix cools to 45C.
- Add eggs one at a time until all combined.
- Place mix into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle and pipe 3cm diameter circles on tray lined with silicon paper.
- Place tray in the oven and turn off the oven.
- After 10 minutes turn the oven back on and bake for 10 minutes at 180C. Prop oven door open slightly and continue baking for another 10 minutes until choux buns are golden in colour.
- Cool on wire rack.
Created by : Naomi Elizabeth Kilpatrick