Food : Main Courses
BANANA BLOSSOM CROQUETTE
- 100g banana blossoms
- 1 tomato
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Sri Lankan unroasted curry powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp crushed ginger and garlic
- 100ml crêpe batter
- 100g roasted cashew crumbs
- 100g fresh bread crumbs
- Egg wash
- 2 tsp sauce made with cinnamon and cardamom smoked tomato
- Cut banana blossoms into cubes, wash well and keep draining.
- Cut tomato into cubes. Dice the onion.
- Pan-fry the onion with a little bit of oil, add garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin seeds, tomato, banana blossoms, salt and pepper.
- Cook until it releases the flavour and dry the mix at high heat.
- Make pan-size crêpes.
- Add the mix in the centre of the crêpe and roll it up like a cigar.
- Mix the cashew with the breadcrumbs and crumb the cigar and deep fry until golden.
- Serve with a side dip of smoked tomato sauce.
Created by : Anton Turco