Food : Main Courses
AVOCADO CHEESECAKE WITH A HOT AND COLD DUO OF SMOKED SALMON
- 100g Cream Cheese, softened
- Avocado, ripe
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 1 sheet Gelatin, soaked in cold water
- 200ml Double Cream
- 40g Home Smoked Salmon (cold smoked)
- 40g Salmon (Hot smoked)
- 30g Butter, melted
- 5g Dill, chopped
- 3 Oat Biscuits, crushed
- 1 Lemon, zest only
- Caviar and Dill, to decorate
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and avocado.
- In another bowl, whisk the double cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Combine the cheese mixture, cream and the zest and juice of a lime and the lemon zest.
- Fold in the melted gelatin. Season.
- Add the melted butter to the biscuits and chopped dill.
- Place biscuit mixture into ‘form’ by lining the base of a mould.
- Line this with the cold smoked salmon, pipe in cheese-cake mixture, place hot smoked salmon on top and fill with remaining mixture. Level off.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set.
- To serve, take off mould and place onto a serving platter. Garnish with caviar and dill.
Created by : Max Rauch