Food : Appetisers
APPLE WELSH CAKES
IngredientsIngredients for Cake
- 250g Cake Flour
- 125g Butter
- 75g Sugar
- 50g Raisins
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Green Apple, diced
- 5 tbsp. Milk
Ingredients for Lemon Curd
- Whole Lemons
- 200g Sugar
- 2g Agar Agar
- Gently mix the flour and butter with hands until a crumb like texture forms.
- Add the milk, diced apple, raisins and egg. Mix well, roll into a ball and leave in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Later, gently roll out the mixture to a 15mm thickness, cut into circles around 40mm in diameter.
- Grease a flat griddle pan or heavy frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Cook the Welsh cakes in batches and cook gently until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve immediately with lemon curd (made by mixing the juice of lemons, sugar and Agar Agar in a bowl over simmering water and chilled).
Created by : Ho Wing Hong