Drink : Chai
- 220ml fresh spring water
- 2 tea bags Dilmah English Breakfast Tea
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 5 pods green cardamom
- 5g freshly grated ginger
- 50ml fresh milk
- 7 skinless almonds (chopped)
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Boil water in a pot to 100C.
- Add tea, cardamom, sugar and ginger together in the pot with the water and bring to a boil.
- Then add milk.
- Bring to a boil again after adding fresh milk.
- While waiting for the tea to boil, in a pan sauté the poppy seeds and almond in the ghee.
- Then strain the tea into a jug and add the sautéed poppy seeds and almond.
- Stir and serve tea in double walled glass.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Gourmet Tea Selection
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- English Breakfast
Created by : Jagdev (JD) Singh