Food : Savory
ALICE’S EDIBLE MUSHROOMS AORAKI SMOKED SALMON MOUSSE, BEETROOT MACAROON, BEETROOT GEL, HORSERADISH & BRIOCHE
Smoked Salmon Mousse
- 500g smoked salmon
- 200g crème fraiche
- 100g sour cream
- 50g capers
- Lemon zest
- 300g water
- 300g caster sugar
- 300g beetroot purée
- 70g egg white powder
- 6g gelatine leaves
- 80g yeast
- 100g sugar
- 20g salt
- 6 eggs
- 1kg flour
- 500g butter
- 5 beetroots
- 100ml stock
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8g agar-agar
- 300ml horseradish cream
- 100ml milk
- Pinch of Xanthan gum
MethodSmoked Salmon Mousse
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and mix to a smooth paste. The consistency can be adjusted with the addition of some cream.
- Take the mix and work it through a fine sieve to obtain smooth finish to the mousse.
- Heat the water and sugar until the sugar is fully dissolved and leave to cool.
- In the meantime soak your gelatine in ice water. Leave to soak and emulsify the beetroot purée and egg white powder until mixed through.
- Add the gelatine to the sugar syrup and stir until mixed in. Blend the two mixes together, pass through chinois and leave to rest overnight.
- Once rested, whip with a mixer so peaks start to form.
- Place into piping bag, pipe onto tray and dry in an oven at 50?C.
- First start off by infusing milk with the green tea. Cool to just warm and dissolve yeast in the milk with the sugar and salt.
- Place flour in a food processor and slowly add milk and eggs. When it starts coming together, increase the speed and start working the dough.
- Slowly add butter, piece by piece. Set to one side to prove.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, knock back the air bubbles and form the dough into desired shape.
- Set aside to prove for the last time. Bake at 200?C.
- Roast the beetroot in the oven until soft. Remove and peel the beetroot.
- Cut the beetroot into quarters and place in the blender with the stock, sugar and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place beetroot in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the agar and cook for 5 minutes. Strain through a chinois and set in the fridge.
- When the gel has set firmly, place it back in a blender and blend with some addition of stock to create the correct consistency.
- Bring the milk and horseradish cream to a boil.
- Add the Xanthan gum and strain through a chinois.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Green Tea with Jasmine Flowers
Created by : Monika Ederer