Food : Main Courses
36-HOUR BRAISED WAGYU BEEF CHEEKS
- 1.2kg wagyu beef cheeks
- 400g whole lotus root
- 150g wolfberries
- 2 litre veal stock 2
- 750ml red wine
- 2 large carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 stalk leek
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Season wagyu beef cheek with salt and pepper. Pan-sear with olive oil till surface is brown.
- Pour 750ml of red wine, chopped vegetables, lotus root (whole), veal stock and beef cheek.
- Bring to boil. Once boiled, cover pot.
- Set oven at 66°C. Slow braise mixture for 36 hours.
- Once cooked, take out both lotus root and beef cheek, leave to cool, slice beef cheek and lotus root.
- Blend all cooked vegetables, strain add in wolfberries to reduction.
- To serve, drizzle sauce over beef cheek and lotus root. Plate.
Created by : Lee Zhang An